Epiphany
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infection (a remake of and old origins favourite) -=OPEN=-

+3
Uber-Gam3r
HappyRotter
Ryobin
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Infection (a remake of and old origins favourite) -=OPEN=- Empty Infection (a remake of and old origins favourite) -=OPEN=-

Post by Ryobin Thu May 07, 2009 2:39 pm

Backstory (old)

In a future not too far from our own, in the isolated island of Australia scientists make a phenomenal breakthrough, a cure for cancer!, this new wonder drug is used in various clinical trials proving its effectiveness over and over. Eventually in the year 2010 the drug (26-15-13-2-9-5) is released for medicinal use, this is met by much applause by the medical world and many lives are saved until only 1 month after it began its practical application a contaminated batch was sent to Royal Park Bay hospital in Blue Harbour New South Wales. The contaminated batch caused those administered with it to become violent and lose all sense of self preservation.
It also appeared that symptoms of those affected can be virally transmitted through fluid contact.
Within 48 hours the attempted quarantine of the “infected” area was broken and similar cases have begun to spring up all over the country. Now with all contact in and out of Australia broken and the lack of a Governing or military rule there is one rule, one law, SURVIVE AT ALL COSTS!

Two weeks after the initial outbreak in the neighbouring city of Visurve. Six survivors have bunkered down in a local 7/11. The six survivors each witnessed their own family either infected or torn to shreds, some have dealt with this better than others. By a majority vote the group have decided to search for more survivors. No doubt that many of the group will perish in the face of overwhelming hoards of infected but the hope of finding more survivors or a safe place to stay far outweighs the dangers!

New:

It seems like forever ago, that innitial outbreak in australia, who could have known that within 8 short months it could have spread this far, the last survivors strongholds in far northern Canada, Finnland have held out for the last 2 months with few incidents, rumors still circulate of the military encampment on Okinawa (japan) holding out.
Our survivers are some of the lucky (or unlucky, take your pick) to have survived within the concrete Jungle of New York
Much like their Australian counterparts (unknown to them) they have reached the group decison (not unanimous) that they have little choice but to venture out of their safe haven (Wall mart) into the now infected controlled territory. However, unlike their predecessors they face a different threat, the infection is changing, they are sure to encounter terrors that no-one has seen before and lived to tell the tale, but if they can find some other survivors, they might just survive.

Last edited by Ryobin on Sun May 31, 2009 7:37 am; edited 3 times in total
Ryobin
Ryobin

Back to top Go down

Infection (a remake of and old origins favourite) -=OPEN=- Empty Re: Infection (a remake of and old origins favourite) -=OPEN=-

Post by Ryobin Thu May 07, 2009 2:50 pm

Thread rules

1)I Am God (I RESERVE ALL RIGHT TO EDIT ANY AND/OR ALL POSTS MADE IN THIS THREAD IN ANY WAY I SEE FIT.)
2)Prepare to die, you will have plenty of opportunities to return to the story as one of the discovered survivors.
3)Be original yet reasonable within the genre of a zombie horror. use 28 days later and Left4Dead as guides
4)If you become inactive for an extended period of time (without informing me) your character will be killed off (in the most brutal manor possible no less) so as to allow others to participate.
5)There are 2 base infected, slow and sturdy (death by headshot) and the fast and frail (death by severing of spine, fire, anything else that is terribly painful and deadly)
6)All posts with be in 3rd person
7)Any and all mutant infected will be introduced by me, i take suggestions by PM, after we have seen a mutant i will take PM requests if someone wants one to show up again (or one like it)
8)Mutants WILL have powerful characteristics.
9) PM YOUR PROFILES TO ME!!!

Last edited by Ryobin on Thu May 07, 2009 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ryobin
Ryobin

Back to top Go down

Infection (a remake of and old origins favourite) -=OPEN=- Empty Re: Infection (a remake of and old origins favourite) -=OPEN=-

Post by Ryobin Thu May 07, 2009 2:53 pm

Character Description

Name: (what you want the other characters to call you)
Body Type: (tall/short, Board/scrawny, Fit/Fat/Thin, Etc)
Combat Experience: Military experience is Banned for starter charachters
Zombie Knowledge: (varies from ~none-saw a movie once-I’m a regular Ryobin~)
Very Brief History: "was born"- is not acceptable
How you came to be with “The Survivors”: (very optimistic name isn’t it XD)
Picture:
Acquired Weapons to date: you were lucky to escape with just your life, Wall mart was already looted before you got there, there is not an abundance of weapons.

THESE ARE NOT YOUR OLD CHARACTERS, THIS IS A NEW ROLE-PLAY WITH A NEW STORY BASED ON AN OLD UNIVERSE.

Last edited by Ryobin on Thu May 07, 2009 2:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ryobin
Ryobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryobin Thu May 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Survivor Profiles

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ryobin on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:34 am; edited 4 times in total
Ryobin
Ryobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryobin Sun May 31, 2009 7:37 am

The sun rises over the post appocolyptic city, revealing the tattered remnants of the society that was torn apart by its very inhabitants and their bloodthirsty, mindless ex kin.
none of our potential survivors can see this sight from their home in the locked down wall-mart,
the inhabitants are stirring and are about to take to deal with the 5 drooling snarling zombies trying desperately to reach them from outside the mesh.
(ooc: anyone that wants to join can PM me still, ill find a place to add you in)
Ryobin
Ryobin

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyRotter Sun May 31, 2009 8:04 am

Sammich woke to the sound of snarling and turned to where everyone else was still sleeping. "Oi, wake up, we've got company." he stood and looked outside the mesh to see the zombies trying to get in. He wasn't stupid, he wouldn't take on five at once with only a cricket bat and a knife. By the time he'd arrived here, he had noticed that among the dead zombies there was still one living human, and within fifteen seconds of him arriving, the middle aged man turned and he'd had to club him. Alone he'd waited till joined by others at Wall-Mart. Right now, he was standing, facing the zombies while waiting for the others to wake properly.
HappyRotter
HappyRotter
Aluminium Member
Aluminium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uber-Gam3r Sun May 31, 2009 7:42 pm

Gordon's eyes flickered open, and he noticed Sammich standing over him. "Hey, big guy. What's the situation today?" He asked, as he sat up and rubbed his eyes.
Uber-Gam3r
Uber-Gam3r
Artiste
Artiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylverstalker Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:04 am

"Im so sick of these gross dead things, i just want it all to end....I suppose were all gonna die out here tho...." Candy said in dispair hoping for some pity as she twisted her foot back and forth on the enormous heel on her boots.
Sylverstalker
Sylverstalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:29 am

Abbey rolled her eyes at the teenager.
"Candy, don't say things like that. We've obviously got something going for us if we are still here. Now find something heavy or sharp." She told off the girl sharply, her motives for being more positive being group morale.
Not that she knew a few zombies could attract more, no, she had no idea, but she did get put on edge by having them around, and it meant someone could get bitten, so she wanted to get rid of them.
"Sammich dear, could you find me a weapon?"
Itchigotchi
Itchigotchi
Aluminium Member
Aluminium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylverstalker Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:37 am

Candy went looking down some of the aisles looking for something other that this pepper spray...candy wasnt sure if it would do much, these freaks seemed pretty tenacious...In the hardware aisle there was a leaf blower, some fertilizer, a hammer and a weed hacker "There is nothing to kill stuff here" candy moped so she moved on to the next aisle where she found a car battery "Now that's heavy!" Candy exclaimed in hope as she struggled to pick it up and take it back to the group....
Sylverstalker
Sylverstalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyRotter Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:16 pm

"five zombies, didn't want to start without yous," He approached the door and when Abbey asked for a weapon he handed her a fire extinguisher. "sorry, but it's about all we've got left. Everyone, I'm Opening The Door," He stepped forward and threw open the mesh, immediately widely swinging the cricket bat, pushing them all back a few steps before bringing it sharply down on the closest one's head, somewhat satisfied as it instantly crumpled. The gym training was paying off.
HappyRotter
HappyRotter
Aluminium Member
Aluminium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylverstalker Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:23 pm

"I got something REALLY heavy" Yelled Candy to Abbey "Proudly showing the useless car battery, oblivious to how stupid she was appearing when she saw the combat taking place she screamed and dropped the battery.
Sylverstalker
Sylverstalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uber-Gam3r Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:16 pm

Gordon grabbed the dropped battery and ran it over to the combat, smashing it into the zombie nearest to getting inside. It's head split open and it fell to the ground. "Good and heavy, but a little close. If you find some way to attach it to a stick or something, it would be better." He said, as he backed away from the mesh.
Uber-Gam3r
Uber-Gam3r
Artiste
Artiste

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyRotter Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:22 am

"three to go," Sammich muttered to himself as he kicked out with a steel capped boot, crushing the head of one that was kneeling from being hit by the bat. He swung the bat at one that tried running in again, knocking it with great force against the doorframe, splattering blood, but luckily not getting it on any survivors. "might as well do this right," he continued muttering, knowing this was sending him crazy. He jumped out, bat raised over his head and brought it down hard on the last one, satisfied at the sound of its neck breaking. He stepped back inside, pushed the dead infected out of the way and closed the mesh again before turning to the rest of them. "Seriously, I don't think we should stay here anymore." he said, "we had one come knocking two days ago, yesterday we had three and today five. They're aware that we're here, I think we need to get somewhere safer."
HappyRotter
HappyRotter
Aluminium Member
Aluminium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryobin Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:44 pm

you all hear gunshots inside the mall, and then moments later see a disheveled looking man run past your entrance screaming. After a doubble take and realising you were "human" he ran up to your once again locked down mesh and began pleading and screaming you you to let him in,
before anyone could act an arm more than twice the length of a normal human beings reached across from beyond your vision and dragged him away by the face, with the mans legs still thrashing in your line of sight but with no other visual of whats going on you hear the unfortunately familiar sound of ripping flesh all but drowned out by the cries of the man, simultaneously his thrashing stops and the screams die out and you all know that whatever it was that just did THAT was now after you!
(you guys can make a quick decision as a group if you want to stay inside and hide or head out and fight, wither way make it all in charachter and dont describe the creature, when im satisfied we have a majority [or i get bored] ill post a description and whatever happens. just letting you know, whatever choice you make, you WILL be fighting this creature)
Ryobin
Ryobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylverstalker Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:53 pm

Candy screamed in a chilling manner "Oh my god, he's dead, what will we do? Don't let that thing in here! Are we going to hide?" Candy was freaking out this whole zombie apocalypse thing was a bit too much for the poor girl.
Sylverstalker
Sylverstalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyRotter Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:39 pm

"Well, I think running would be a good idea, but seeing that thing I don't think we could outrun it, so I'd say we try to fight it. Gordon, be careful, you've got six shots left, so if things start goin' ugly, shoot this thing in the head," he said, getting ready to throw the mesh up and charge. "We ready?"

OOC: Of course, your characters could disagree and persuade Sammich otherwise, but if you wanna fight this thing (Ryo won't tell me what it is...), than it will save the Survivors debating time.
HappyRotter
HappyRotter
Aluminium Member
Aluminium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uber-Gam3r Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:58 pm

"I guess we could run... but what if it grabs one of us! Did you see that thing's reach? There's no way we could outrun it! Why not wait here in ambush?"
Uber-Gam3r
Uber-Gam3r
Artiste
Artiste

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyRotter Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:15 pm

"That might work. Yeah, changed my mind, we're going with Gordon's plan," he could hear the growling of the... whatever it was and knew they had very little time before it got there. he walked back quietly and got behind a row of shelves, bat in one hand and pocket knife in the other, for what good it would do.
HappyRotter
HappyRotter
Aluminium Member
Aluminium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uber-Gam3r Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:28 pm

Gordon checked the bullets in his gun and hid behind a register counter they'd managed to pull up near the door. "Sammich? Whatever you do, you'd better choose fast!"
Uber-Gam3r
Uber-Gam3r
Artiste
Artiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryobin Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:02 am

you see the creature shuffle forewards into your line of sight, it looks just like all the other zombies other than the fact that its arms are twice as long with an extra joint that can bend backwards with talons in place of fingers+thumb as well as the fact that it seems unable to move swiftly due to its huge cumbersome upper body weight. This particular creature has its bottom jaw completely removed, most likely from a precious scuffle with a survivor(not our most recently deceased). this has rendered its bite mostly harmless(or non-existent) yet its deadly and sharp talons are still quite dangerous. the creature demonstrates both this and its superb upper-body strength when it with one swipe of its long, clawed and demented undead arm dears a huge hole in the mesh and shuffles through it, dragging its arms behind it as both he and his arms are unable to fit through at the same time.
Ryobin
Ryobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uber-Gam3r Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:16 am

Gordon takes aim and fires directly for the upper back head. "EAT LEAD, freak!"
Uber-Gam3r
Uber-Gam3r
Artiste
Artiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryobin Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:55 am

Of the three shots Gordon fired the first clipped the creatures shoulder, the second ripped directly through its skull and the third missed completely. You all reel back as the creature lurches forward and with its last cognitive function claws ineffectively at Gordon, after a shell shocked moment or two you all exhale relatively simultaneously. The mesh is wrecked beyond repair and you all know from past experience that gunshots are quickly followed by hoards of infected. This place is no longer safe,

OOC: just a small note to rotter in particular but everyone needs to know that third person perspective is mandatory in this roleplay.
Ryobin
Ryobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:05 pm

OOC: Sorry I'm late.

Jason awoke with a start at the sound of the gunshot. He rolled back and then sprung foreward, landing on his feet, he quickly brandished the knife. "What's going on?!" He yelled. Seeing Gordon and a large creature infront of him, the destroyed mesh, Jason was able to piece together what had occured.

Jason walked over to the group, scratching his head in an attempt to wake himself up a little more.

"So, I guess that means we are leaving Wal-mart?" Jason asked.
Jason noticed a mop handle sitting on the floor, he walked over to it and picked it up. "Hey, anybody got any rope?"
Sora
Sora
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uber-Gam3r Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:19 pm

Gordon stared. "Rope? Why the HECK do you need rope? And why were you not helping us when that damn Mr. Fantastic zombie was attacking?"
Uber-Gam3r
Uber-Gam3r
Artiste
Artiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next