Epiphany
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That RP we did on MSN which never got a name

Go down

That RP we did on MSN which never got a name Empty That RP we did on MSN which never got a name

Post by TheGriffin Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:05 am

Griffin says:
There lays a small pub on the edge of the swamp, insects and toads surrounding it, the swamp hissing and the air heavy. This is the last stop for travellers before the many miles of completely inhospitable land that is the marshes beyond that separates the few isolated settlements on the peninsula from the rest of the continent. Just across the bog is one of the largest trade ports in the country.

Griffin says:
For one reason or another, each of you is in the tavern, preparing for your attempted trek across the marshes, the trek with a suspiciously high disappearance rate for a far from impossible stretch of wetland and far too many rumours to make people enter freely.

Griffin says:
While the tavern’s exterior is covered in moss and looks half-destroyed the inside is fairly cosy, a fire keeping the place warm and a friendly man working the bar, giving drinks to people risking the journey over the swamp.

Reynewood says:
Markus stepped through the doorway of the pub, barley fitting through the door. His muscles bulged as he grabbed a stool and sat at the bar

Ryobin Δ Has anyone seen my dignity? i appear to have lost it. says:
Xander was sitting by the fire, warming his bones, his slender build didn’t bode too well with the climate of the peninsular, nor with some of the taverns residents on occasion. However few argued with his prowess with his crossbow. He sat by the warmth of the fire as ANOTHER burley muscle-for-brains man burst into the tavern.

Bryan-> LordNecro says:
Leoben stood next to the small fireplace, glancing at the sight of two huge men. 'What the hell is going on here?' he thought, perturbed by the occasion.

Reynewood says:
Markus beckoned the barkeep and asked bluntly as he placed a silver coin on the bench.

Xander began disassembling his crossbow, even after all these years with it he still had to admire its worksman ship, before any real parts had been removed (merely cosmetic so far) Xander lost grip with his numb fingers and dropped his bow, the shock caused a bolt to be fired into the fire place, understandably more than half the patrons in the bar stood and many drew their respective weapons.

Bryan-> LordNecro says:
"Blimey mate! 'nother foot across and I'd be limping for good!" shouted Leoben, taking a step away from the fire.

Reynewood says:
Makus wrapped his thick fingers around his battleaxe handle and stared a look of death at the clumsy man.

"S-sorry," Xander muttered, avoiding eye contact with everyone

Reynewood says:
“Well ya should be, do it again and ye will!”

"It was j-just an accident" Xander sneered under his breath, wishing he had the gaul to say it audibly

Griffin says:
Eanos sat quietly on a barrel in the far corner of the room, a long sword still in its holder. He didn't even look up when he heard the clutter, far too focused on a map of the swamp he had acquired, attempting to find some easy way though. He was always a quiet boy, pale skinned, thin and with bright white eyes he burned easily and had to spend much of the summer months inside.

Bryan-> LordNecro says:
"What kind of fool ye be? keepin' a loaded bolt in ya crossbow?"

Reynewood says:
Markus was in his usual mood for a fight and agreed "We should teach ye to fool wit our lives" he grunted as he stomped closer to Xander and his towering figure loomed over the slight man.

Xander peered up at the towering figure, intimidated fiercely, but he already had his escape route planned so he was able to maintain a calm and non aggressive exterior

Griffin says:
Eanos sheepishly looked up from his map, hearing the increasing commotion. He stood up and began to move towards the group but quickly decided it would be a bad idea and quickly changed his course to the bar, ordering another drink instead.

Reynewood says:
Markus lent down ang grabbed the small man by the scruff of his neck bringing him beyond his feet and to his toe tips.

Bryan-> LordNecro says:
"Now, lets say we beat ye face in a bit aye?"

Xander smiled and tapped his crossbow lightly against the huge burley mans crutch, "n-now how about you l-let me down, you want to h-have little b-baby trolls like yourself one day d-don’t you?"

Reynewood says:
Markus paused for a moment before deciding to let him go...Markus thrust the small body through, to the bartends dismay, a table. "I’m not a troll you weedy little shite"

"c-coulde fooled me" Xander snarked, testing his luck, "half troll then?"

Reynewood says:
"OUT!" Screamed the bartend finger pointing outside "ALL OF YOU OUT....NOW!"

Bryan-> LordNecro says:
"Well, there goes my happy hour!" Leoben said aloud, hoping to show his anger.

Xander got to his feet slowly, distancing himself off in the most dignified manor he could (pretty unsuccessful). Luckily for Xander the intricately carved oak siding for his crossbow was undamaged and close enough that he didn’t have to get close to that thug that threw him across the bar in order to get it.

Griffin says:
“No,” muttered Eanos when the barkeep exploded at the entire bar, “I’m finishing my drink, then maybe reading a book.” Eanos was shy, but he didn’t like being told what to do, at all, and there was no chance he’d obey an order to leave a perfectly good drink.

Reynewood says:
"Its this little weed's fault, I don’t see why we have to leave for his carless 'havior" Markus complained loudly before deciding leaving was a good idea with the look in the face of the people who were seemingly the barkeeps sons, and the fireballs glowing in their hands...

Bryan-> LordNecro says:
"Devils!, I think we should leave, hopefully not to return." Leoben said looking at the others, forgetting their earlier argument.

Stepping outside, trying to avoid further confrontation (which would ultimately lead to more beatings) he made sure (being the first out of the tavern) to be out of the way of those to follow through the door iminantly.

Reynewood says:
Markus gave the fire mages a look of disgust as he stormed out of the tavern into the misty external environment, kicking a rock to show his fury.

Griffin says:
Eanos refused to move, drinking very slowly as he eyed the little tricksters. They probably couldn't even throw a good shot. And if they could, why would they do it in the tavern? He put the glass down, almost empty, and looked at the pair of them, slightly smug at his conclusion. He was wrong. A moment later his map had set on fire and he'd been forced out of the bar, soon finding himself outside

Reynewood says:
"Give us one reason to let you live, Weed" Markus stated axe over shoulder...

"B- because I’ve been through the marsh. I assume y-you are goin through? Why else w-would you be in a p-place like this? Lots of p-people go missing in the marshes, sure would be handy to have a g-guide"

Bryan-> LordNecro says:
"What would make ye think we would follo' ya into the swamp? Could be a trap for all we no!" Leoben said walking around Markus, trying to encircle Xander.

Reynewood says:
"How did you make it through there then huh?" Markus questioned aggressively "Many a brave warrior has died amongst that stinking festering swamp and you are telling us that you survived it?"

"b-bravery means nothing when it is o-overruled by foolhardiness, I’ve g-grown up around this area, and I know better than ANY adventurer not to go ANYWHERE near ANYTHING you f-find in that swamp, I k-know what we could find, I know when we should run, d-do you really trust your judgement enough to make a bet like that on your LIFE?, what am I going t-to do anyway, id be d-dead before I could think of pulling anything on y-you"

Reynewood says:
"Well if you know it so well how do we know it aint a trap?"

"w-why would i spring a trap against you?, you’d kill me before I could, and how could i manage to get us to this point if I w-was trying to trick you into c-coming into the marsh with me, why would I have nearly shot you in the leg... it w-was an accident by the way"

Bryan-> LordNecro says:
Leoben stepped forward toward Xander, "Accident or Not! you should watch what yer do'in!". "Ye got some makin' up to do! So ye better start proving your worth."

"I’m sure y-you will be more than p-pleased"

Reynewood says:
"i hope so" Markus growled "get me through the swamp to the north so i can meet the Battlebrook mercinaries"

"So where are each of you going? Is he coming" Xander said indicating towards Eanos.

Griffin says:
“Uh?... Me?” He asked, looking around, although it was obvious exactly who Xander was talking about. “Um, well,” he looked at the signed corner of the map he still had left, the hope he brought with him to carry him over the swamp, “I guess… I’m going with you then?” he stuttered, making I sound like it was a question and turning his head as though he was embarrassed about the whole thing.

Griffin says:
He’d really thought he’d be able to get through alone, it didn’t seem right to ask for help.

Reynewood says:
"Where are you headed?" Markus asked the last man in the group to talk

Griffin says:
"To the other side of the swamp," he said, passing Markus a slight glare, a hint not to ask too far.

Bryan-> LordNecro says:
"Will ye journey with us?" Leoben enquired, hoping to have as many in the group incase it is a trap.
Griffin says:

Eanos scrapped his teeth together slightly, taking a breath before he answered, "Sure," he said with a forced smile, "I'm with you."

"Ok then, s-so when are we headed out? D-do you have anything to g-get?"
Reynewood says:

"WHERE would we get it?" Yelled Markus "We just got kicked out of the last place of food and refuge before the swamp!"

"Well in my c-case,” Xander climbs a nearby oak tree and moments later a pack falls to the base of the tree, followed by his nimble landing beside it, “r-right here."

Bryan-> LordNecro says:
"All I have is what i have on my persons, so I’m set"

"Ok but its your skin, m-my stuff will remain mine, otherwise I m-might as well have you k-kill me here and now, i stand a chance against y-you all, there’s n-none of that in THERE"
TheGriffin
TheGriffin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum