Epiphany
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Itchis Mindspace

4 posters

Go down

Itchis Mindspace Empty Itchis Mindspace

Post by Itchigotchi Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:34 am

I'm gunna make myself a planning topic as well, cos I have a few ideas I wanna work, n see if people are active enough or interested enough to start them. Anyone is free to comment on the RP ideas.
Itchigotchi
Itchigotchi
Aluminium Member
Aluminium Member

Back to top Go down

Itchis Mindspace Empty Re: Itchis Mindspace

Post by Itchigotchi Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:53 am

So, Idea no.1
Ties in with pop culture, general sci-fi themes set in a modern world.
Yea, I wont mention the spark which made me think of this idea.

The Whitby Mysteries

In the modern age of computers, consumerism and connectivity, a strange transformation is happening to the people in the sleepy fishing village of Whitby.
The hospitals now frequent patients are going missing, and some are making miraculous recoveries. The school is reporting higher levels of truancy and aggression. The police are baffled about the behavior of hoodlums in the neighborhoods, cult activities, wild animal attacks, and illegal shipments coming into the harbor at every turn.
In this instance, there are no bad guys or good guys, only pawns and players. What will it take to tip the scales? Where does the line lie between natural behavior and vicious actions? What is going on in the town, and where will our players end up?
Perhaps the answer lies in Whitbys colorful history.

so... the players would all be human at the start, need a background n preset personality description. If you didn't get all the connotations from Dracula and about werewolves, then U've been reading too much Twilight, because these are your true blue vampires, and old school werewolves we're talking about. The vampires need their soil, cant cross water, can turn to animals n dust and whatnot. The werewolves strike a deal with the devil, they dont get bitten, and although they get enhanced strength n stuff, they cant generally control when they turn.
Oh, and the humans. Weak, young and oh so helpless.
Itchigotchi
Itchigotchi
Aluminium Member
Aluminium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:02 am

Idea no.2
Based on a book I lovez, and general biology

Living Hell

You're a worker on a spaceship. It is completely self sustained, micro-organisms re-growing the hull, detecting and transferring changes, plants and other electrical mechanisms sustaining oxygen, lighting and heat levels, a nursury, school, holodeck, shuttle busses for hallways, elevators, various eateries and private rooms. It is an incredibly complex piece of machinery, with a central core based around the bridge. The population is about 400, with people working and living in shifts of 4 years, then swapping with the other half of the crew, going into stasis for 4 years, and so on.
One day a huge energy beam hits the ship. Strange things start to happen and nothing is ever the same again.

Players would once again be human, of any age, and various positions around the ship. The roleplay would include coping and surviving these changes, and hopefully figuring out what is going on, and how to stop it. Yes, players would be able to die- but since the ship is pretty huge, you could just swap to controlling another survivor.
Itchigotchi
Itchigotchi
Aluminium Member
Aluminium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uber-Gam3r Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:38 am

I'd say I'm leaning more towards Idea 2, since the vampire thing has already been done it at least one RP, and is always possible for another (Assuming Griff got MU going again).
Uber-Gam3r
Uber-Gam3r
Artiste
Artiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylverstalker Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:44 pm

Well whilst MU may have vamps in it and AG does i think some vampires-with-UV-intolerance-but-still-teen-fiction would be a great idea. Some more great pulp fiction. I reckon anything that is easy to post in would be good at the moment so im all for No. 1. Every RP website needs a pure vamp story.
Sylverstalker
Sylverstalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:02 pm

yea, the vampire story would be more based on character interaction, u know, relationships and talking to others to figure out what is going on. with action on the side

Whereas the spaceship one would be more based around action adventure, with relationships n interaction developing on the side.
Itchigotchi
Itchigotchi
Aluminium Member
Aluminium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Idea 3.

A good ole fashioned community roleplay which doesnt take much thought. A cafe, or hotel, with no storyline. Simple profile to fill in. Just a place to act silly or practice RPing or make your own story within the setting.
Itchigotchi
Itchigotchi
Aluminium Member
Aluminium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylverstalker Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:10 pm

I Was never there for it but kinda like the idea that mina had ummm was it like 'the apartment'??
Sylverstalker
Sylverstalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:12 pm

Idea 4.

Something epic.
Battle between factions in a medieval war.
All profiles are posted up, with skills and skill levels included. Each side elects their commander, and are given a terrain to battle in.
To make it more interesting, this'd probably have to be done over MSN- the faster typers being able to react more quickly or elaborately, and the teams being able to quickly co-ordinate attacks with seperate chat windows (sorta like a team radio-com or something).
I'd post up the battle scene when they were done, and who 'won' the battle, and update the profiles of people who gained skills.
Could be interesting, even if it was just for a laugh.
Itchigotchi
Itchigotchi
Aluminium Member
Aluminium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:13 pm

Yea, kinda like the apartment, but less big, cos people kept going off on their own and being boring in that, and eventually the seperation made it die.
Itchigotchi
Itchigotchi
Aluminium Member
Aluminium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylverstalker Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:14 pm

LOL yeah, it sounds like the stuff griffin does meets a text based rome total war! LOL

your full of ideas tonight
and your posting lots it great Smile

everyone should follow suit.
Sylverstalker
Sylverstalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uber-Gam3r Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:29 pm

Aaaah, I so miss The Apartment... Slarsky was the ancestor of Ignatius, and that can only mean he was awesome, which he was.

Still, a chat-RP might be good for community.
Uber-Gam3r
Uber-Gam3r
Artiste
Artiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryobin Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:44 am

Itchigotchi wrote:Yea, kinda like the apartment, but less big, cos people kept going off on their own and being boring in that, and eventually the seperation made it die.

im pretty sure that it was the lack of mina that made it die, it had no drive or direction
Ryobin
Ryobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:28 am

But thats the point of that kind of RP, its not meant to have a driving force or plotline, its just a random place where people drop their characters in and stuff happens.
Maybe I'll make a cafe one....
with a menu Very Happy
and staff Very Happy Very Happy
Itchigotchi
Itchigotchi
Aluminium Member
Aluminium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down